Romantic

Romantic love quotes

Wine comes in at the mouth And love comes in at the eye; That's all we shall know for truth Before we grow old and die.
-William Butler Yeats

Romantic love is mental illness. But it's a pleasurable one. It's a drug. It distorts reality, and that's the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw.
-Fran Lebowitz

I'm a romantic, and we romantics are more sensitive to the way people feel. We love more, and we hurt more. When we're hurt, we hurt for a long time.
Freddy Fender

We owe to the Middle Ages the two worst inventions of humanity - romantic love and gunpowder.
-Andre Maurois

Romance is tempestuous. Love is calm.
-Mason Cooley

Romantic love is an illusion. Most of us discover this truth at the end of a love affair or else when the sweet emotions of love lead us into marriage and then turn down their flames.
-Thomas Moore

Wave after wave of love flooded the stage and washed over me, the beginning of the one great durable romance of my life.
-Bette Davis

The romantic love we feel toward the opposite sex is probably one extra help from God to bring you together, but that's it. All the rest of it, the true love, is the test.
-Joan Chen

You know, maybe I was just born in the wrong time, but I love all things romantic. Puffy understands that. For my last birthday, he covered my hotel room floor with rose petals and had flowers and candles all over the room.
-Jennifer Lopez

I'm a feminist, but I think that romance has been taken away a bit for my generation. I think what people connect with in novels is this idea of an overpowering, encompassing love - and it being more important and special than anything and everything else.
-Emma Watson

I believe that when you're in love you have to pour your heart and soul out to your partner... or why bother? So in that sense I'm an incurable romantic when it comes to men.
-Cameron Diaz

In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person.
-Margaret Anderson

I used to try to draw my girlfriends. I think one of the most romantic things that anybody can do is draw a portrait of the person you love.
-Nick Carter

The essence of romantic love is that wonderful beginning, after which sadness and impossibility may become the rule.
-Anita Brookner

I love being one half of a romantic couple.
-Julianna Margulies

I have to be asked, I guess, but I love the idea of marriage. I think it's beautiful. I'm such a romantic, and I always have been.
-Portia de Rossi

The American is wholeheartedly for love and romance at any cost.
-Leslie Caron

I'm a dreadful romantic. No matter what I go through in life, I want to fall in love with a man.
-Rachel Hunter

I love romantic poetry.
-Richard Dawkins

Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a hopeless romantic who listens to love ballads and doo-wop songs all the time.
-Henry Rollins

I am a hopeless romantic and I love to spoil my girlfriends.
-Orlando Bloom

It is really rare to find someone you really, really love and that you want to spend your life with and all that stuff that goes along with being married. I am one of those lucky people. And I think she feels that way too. So the romantic stuff is easy because you want them to be happy.
-Harry Connick, Jr.

If a man lets all of my dogs sleep in the bed with us, then that is the most romantic thing. You must love my dogs in order to love me. A man who is nice to my animals and doesn't shoo them away - well, that's the height of romance.
-Salma Hayek

I have never acted he has never been cast in a romantic lead or has been cast opposite a female love interest in any movie he starred in.
-Morgan Freeman

Death was like love, a romantic escape.
-Brigitte Bardot

My dream role would probably be a psycho killer, because the whole thing I love about movies is that you get to do things you could never do in real life, and that would be my way of vicariously experiencing being a psycho killer. Also, it's incredibly romantic.
-Christina Ricci

I'm a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love.
-Jennifer Lopez

The concept of romantic love affords a means of emotional manipulation which the male is free to exploit, since love is the only circumstance in which the female is (ideologically) pardoned for sexual activity.
-Kate Millett

Romantic comedies are usually about when love works.
-Zooey Deschanel

I love jazz music and sad music. I'm a sentimental guy. I'm a romantic guy.
-Fred Durst

Romantic lovers require from each other at least the facade of reason: We desire to be what romantic love makes us appear in the other's eyes. We want to imagine we are deserving of the love we inspire.
-Maggie Gallagher

I'm very romantic and of course I want to be in love.
-Emma Watson

When I started dating I had this kind of Romeo and Juliet, fateful romantic idea about love which was almost that you were a victim and there was a lot of pain involved and that was how it should be.
-Emma Watson

Romantic love allows you to focus mating energy. Attachment sustains that relationship as long as necessary to raise your baby.
-Helen Fisher

Any kind of novelty or excitement drives up dopamine in the brain, and dopamine is associated with romantic love.
-Helen Fisher

Romantic love is an addiction.
-Helen Fisher

I think romantic love evolved to enable you to focus your mating energy on just one individual at a time, thereby conserving mating time and energy.
-Helen Fisher

Romantic love is painful.
-William

I love my wife dearly, and, therefore, I've never cooked a meal, romantic or otherwise, for her.
-Steve Carell